1 the literary culture; "this book shows American letters at its best"
2 scholarly attainment; "he is a man of letters"
- Plural of letter
- third-person singular of letter
- sv-noun-form-indef-gen-pl lett
Letter and similar can mean:
- Letter (alphabet), a grapheme, part of an alphabet, abjad, abugida, or syllabary
- Letter (message), correspondence, a written message
- Letter (paper size), the letter-size paper
- "Letters" can also mean literature, as in "arts and letters"
- Letterman, recipient of an award ("letter") given to an interscholastic and/or intercollegiate student of merit in a sport, choir or band (also see varsity letter)
letters in Spanish: Letra
letters in French: Lettre
letters in Italian: Lettera
letters in Hungarian: Levél
letters in Japanese: Letter
letters in Portuguese: Letra (desambiguação)
French literature, IPA, ITA, Initial Teaching Alphabet, International Phonetic Alphabet, Renaissance literature, account, alphabet, alphabetics, ancient literature, annals, belles lettres, bibliolatry, bibliomania, bluestockingism, book learning, book madness, bookiness, bookishness, booklore, catalog, chronicle, classical scholarship, classicism, classics, contemporary literature, correspondence, culture, documentation, donnishness, erotic literature, erotica, eruditeness, erudition, folk literature, futhark, graphemics, history, humane letters, humanism, humanistic scholarship, intellectualism, intellectuality, inventory, kitsch, learnedness, list, literacy, literature, medieval literature, memorial, national literature, obscene literature, paleography, pedantism, pedantry, pipe roll, polite literature, pop literature, popular literature, pornographic literature, pornography, pseudonymous literature, reading, record, recording, register, registry, relic, remains, republic of letters, roll, rolls, roster, rota, runic alphabet, scatological literature, scholarship, script, scroll, serious literature, syllabary, table, token, trace, travel literature, underground literature, vestige, wisdom literature, writing system